Welcome to my blog.
My name is Ellen Young and I am a budding marketer in Victoria, BC. As a former worker in respite care, switching to this new career in marketing has been an adventure for me. Throughout my academic and professional journey, I have had the privilege to meet and learn from fabulous mentors and colleagues who have helped me learn and grow. Likewise, I have also experienced times when I had difficulty finding the resources I needed. Through this blog, I am hoping to reach out and share my experiences with fellow new marketers to make life a little easier! The purpose of this blog is to share my thoughts, opinions, and knowledge in marketing, technology, design, software, and everything in between. I hope to pass on the fantastic insights that I have received, as well as provide beginner-friendly resources that may help anyone else who is also struggling but eager to learn new things.
If you have any suggestions for topics that you’d like to see, be sure to contact me or leave a comment. In the meantime, here are some other great resources you should check out:
- Canada Learning Code: This is a non-profit organisation that offers beginner-level digital literacy workshops in chapters all over Canada.
- YYJTech: This Slack group (online chatroom) connects people and organisations that work within Victoria’s rapidly-growing technology industry.
- YYJTech Ladies: This Slack group (online chatroom) connects self-identified women and organisations that work within Victoria’s rapidly-growing technology industry.
- VIATEC: This hub connects and promotes the Greater Victoria’s technology sector. Check out tech-related events and job postings here.
- Codecademy: Ever wanted to learn how to code? This resource provides fantastic free and low-cost coding lessons that you can take at your own pace.
- Udemy: Have access to over 55,000 affordable courses ranging from hundreds of different topics at your fingertips.
- Hubspot and Kissmetrics Blog: Love marketing blogs? I do too! Here are two great ones that I follow.